You’ve been driving for over half an hour when all of a sudden the engine light on your dashboard begins to panic. We will identify all the options and analyze them to make it easier for you. First of all, you should know that in most cases, there must be a major problem on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class, so be very vigilant.
First, you need to find out what problem you are facing and especially how severe it is. This can be determined by the behaviour of the Mercedes Benz GLA Class’s indicator light, according to the different categories listed below. Therefore, look up to the right situation in order to react accordingly.
What to do if the engine light is on when using my Mercedes Benz GLA Class
Among these options, here are the ones for which you have to:
Drive at once to the garage in your Mercedes Benz GLA Class :
– The engine light turns on and off, or flashes: the causes can be multiple, but you ought to check with a mecanic .
– The light comes on and stays on: this is most likely due to the pollution control system which has faults, so go to a nearby garage.
Stop your Mercedes Benz GLA Class as soon as you can and call a mecanic for a tow to the garage, do not take the risk of driving with it:
– The engine light stays on and the car has performance disorders: If a serious problem is discovered by the on-board computer, the safety mode is turned on. This makes it possible for you to drive in degraded mode (loss of available power), which helps prevent more serious problems (engine failure). In this situation, we strongly encourage you to use a garage for your Mercedes Benz GLA Class.
– The light stays on AND flashes: This is the most dangerous scenario. This suggests that that the catalytic converter is too hot because it is damaged, which suggests that that at any time it can ignite. Stop your car urgently.
Probable causes of the ignition of the engine warning light
The probable causes of failure of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class’s engine management system are diverse, but categorized into 2 groups:
– material problem: injection system (vacuum hoses, flow meter, injection pump, turbo), emission control system (EGR valve, catalytic converter),…
– electronic problem: defective or disconnected sensor, lambda sensor to change, computer,…
All the causes that could require the ignition of the engine light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class
There may then be a trouble with a dirty engine injector on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class. We therefore recommend that you clean it. It will operate as usual, but the air and/or fuel will have difficulty circulating.
A faulty injector on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class can possibly send too much fuel and cause over-pollution, which will cause the catalyst to clog up (+ FAP (Particulate Filter) on diesel).
If the catalyst of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class is too dirty, (there is no longer the most suitable balance of chemical components to transform the exhaust gases) as a result the light will come on.
Ditto if the injection pump has a particular problem.
A HS lambda sensor will no longer have the ability to check the exhaust gases of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class and the ECU will therefore no longer be able to modulate the injection to reduce emissions.
If your Mercedes Benz GLA Class has a petrol engine, an ignition issue (coils or spark plugs) can lead to elevated pollution and therefore to the ignition of the engine indicator light.
Also, an overheated catalyst (if you were driving more aggressively, or the existence of fuel in the exhaust system that heats up everything) may cause the engine light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class to flash.
A throttle position sensor (a housing that manages the volume of air entering the engine) no longer allows the ECU to produce a balanced mixture between fuel and oxidizer (an oxidizer is a chemical substance that has the property of allowing a fuel to burn. An suitable combination of oxidizer and fuel can lead to combustion): The combustion is not anymore correct and the engine is disturbed, which causes the engine indicator light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class to light up.
A clogged FAP (Particulate Filter) will therefore also of course be a cause, but in most cases another indicator representing the filter also lights up in addition.
Poor quality or unsuitable fuel (this sometimes occurs with the E10) can cause this light on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class to light up. It can then turn itself off once you have driven with some other fuel. This can happen due to an unusual pump change. If you are still taking fuel at the same place, ask the person who runs the gas station.
A dirty engine may cause the light to turn on . Indeed, soot can make some parts of the engine less snug (e.g. val)
If you wish more tutorials on the Mercedes Benz GLA Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLA Class category.