You’ve been driving for over half an hour when suddenly the engine light on your dashboard starts to panic. We will identify all the options and analyze them to help you. First of all, you should know that in most situations, there must be a significant problem on your Chrysler Sebring, so be very careful.
First, you need to know what problem you are facing and especially how serious it is. This can be revealed by the behaviour of the Chrysler Sebring’s indicator light, as outlined by the different categories listed below. Therefore, look up to the right situation in order to act accordingly.
What to do if the engine light is on when using my Chrysler Sebring
Among these options, here are the ones for which you must:
Drive at once to the garage in your Chrysler Sebring :
– The engine light turns on and off, or flashes: the triggers can be multiple, but you will need to check with a mecanic .
– The light comes on and stays on: this is most likely due to the pollution control system which has flaws, so go to a nearby garage.
Stop your Chrysler Sebring as soon as you can and get in touch with a mecanic for a tow to the garage, do not take the risk of driving with it:
– The engine light stays on and the car has performance disorders: If a serious problem is detected by the on-board computer, the safety mode is turned on. This allows you to drive in degraded mode (loss of available power), which helps prevent more serious problems (engine failure). In this situation, we strongly suggest you to use a garage for your Chrysler Sebring.
– The light stays on AND flashes: This is the most dangerous scenario. This suggests that that the catalytic converter is too hot because it is damaged, which suggests that that at any time it can ignite. Stop your car urgently.
Probable causes of the ignition of the engine warning light
The probable causes of failure of your Chrysler Sebring’s engine management system are diverse, but categorized into 2 groups:
– material problem: injection system (vacuum hoses, flow meter, injection pump, turbo), emission control system (EGR valve, catalytic converter),…
– electronic problem: defective or disconnected sensor, lambda sensor to change, computer,…
All the causes that could entail the ignition of the engine light on your Chrysler Sebring
There may possibly then be a problem with a dirty engine injector on your Chrysler Sebring. We therefore encourage that you clean it. It will operate as usual, but the air and/or fuel will have problems circulating.
A faulty injector on your Chrysler Sebring can potentially send too much fuel and cause over-pollution, which will trigger the catalyst to clog up (+ FAP (Particulate Filter) on diesel).
If the catalyst of your Chrysler Sebring is too dirty, (there is no longer the best balance of chemical parts to transform the exhaust gases) as a result the light will come on.
Ditto if the injection pump has a particular problem.
A HS lambda sensor will no longer be able to check the exhaust gases of your Chrysler Sebring and the ECU will therefore no longer be able to modulate the injection to reduce emissions.
If your Chrysler Sebring has a petrol engine, an ignition problem (coils or spark plugs) can lead to elevated pollution and therefore to the ignition of the engine indicator light.
Also, an overheated catalyst (if you were driving more aggressively, or the presence of fuel in the exhaust system that heats up everything) may trigger the engine light on your Chrysler Sebring to flash.
A throttle position sensor (a housing that manages the volume of air entering the engine) no longer allows the ECU to produce a balanced mixture between fuel and oxidizer (an oxidizer is a chemical substance that has the property of allowing a fuel to burn. An suitable combination of oxidizer and fuel can lead to combustion): The combustion is no longer correct and the engine is disturbed, which causes the engine indicator light on your Chrysler Sebring to light up.
A clogged FAP (Particulate Filter) will therefore also of course be a cause, but in most cases another indicator symbolizing the filter also lights up in addition.
Poor quality or unsuitable fuel (this sometimes happens with the E10) can cause this light on your Chrysler Sebring to light up. It can then shut itself off once you have driven with some other fuel. This can happen due to an unusual pump change. If you are still taking fuel at the same place, ask the person who runs the gas station.
A dirty engine may cause the light to turn on . Actually, soot can make some hardware of the engine less airtight (e.g. val)
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Chrysler Sebring, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler Sebring category.