Learning how to change a wheel is one of the little things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of hassle in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article detail by detail each step to follow in order to do this in the right way on your Nissan NV.
First of all, it is very important to use your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Nissan NV. Also remember to turn on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel on a Nissan NV:
- 1: First, make sure your Nissan NV is on a suitable floor. This means that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to support your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the steadiness of your Nissan NV, do not take any risks. Also remember to apply the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be necessary to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not remove them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you ought to have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to slightly lift your Nissan NV. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be vigilant though, your jack must be very stable. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel never touches the ground, get more room if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Nissan NV.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to entirely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tense up the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross once the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Nissan NV.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Nissan NV down. Do this carefully, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Nissan NV is now ready to go again.
Conclusion on my Nissan NV :
So you can see that it is fairly easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Nissan NV in the best conditions. Same for the jack, check it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It could very well be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.To discover more tips on the Nissan NV, take a look at the Nissan NV category.