Learning how to change a wheel is one of the little things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of hassle in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article step by step each step to follow in order to do this correctly on your Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
To begin with, it is very important to use your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Also remember to turn on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel on a Land Rover Range Rover Sport:
- 1: First, make sure your Land Rover Range Rover Sport is on a suitable floor. This requires that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to support your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the steadiness of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport, do not take any risks. Also remember to apply the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be required to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not take away them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you ought to have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to slightly lift your Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be careful though, your jack must be very steady. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel never touches the ground, get more room if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to entirely remove the bolts. Once done, you can take out the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tense up the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross soon after the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Land Rover Range Rover Sport down. Do this carefully, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can easily now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Land Rover Range Rover Sport is now ready to move again.
Conclusion on my Land Rover Range Rover Sport :
So you can see that it is quite easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Land Rover Range Rover Sport in the best conditions. Same for the jack, make sure it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It could very well be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.To discover more tips on the Land Rover Range Rover Sport, take a look at the Land Rover Range Rover Sport category.