Knowing how to change a wheel is one of the little things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of stress in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article step by step each step to follow in order to do this properly on your Chevrolet HHR.
First of all, it is very important to use your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Chevrolet HHR. Also remember to switch on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel on a Chevrolet HHR:
- 1: First, make sure your Chevrolet HHR is on a suitable floor. This requires that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to stabilize your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the stability of your Chevrolet HHR, do not take any risks. Also remember to apply the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be very important to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not remove them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you should have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to just a little lift your Chevrolet HHR. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be careful though, your jack must be very steady. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel no longer touches the ground, get more space if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Chevrolet HHR.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to completely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tighten the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross when the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Chevrolet HHR.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Chevrolet HHR down. Do this properly, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Chevrolet HHR is now ready to go again.
Conclusion on my Chevrolet HHR :
So you can see that it is relatively easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Chevrolet HHR in the best conditions. Same for the jack, make sure it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It may be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.To discover more tips on the Chevrolet HHR, take a look at the Chevrolet HHR category.