Knowing how to change a wheel is one of the little things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of stress in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article step by step each step to follow in order to do this correctly on your Cadillac ATS.
First of all, it is very important to wear your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Cadillac ATS. Also remember to activate your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel on a Cadillac ATS:
- 1: First, make sure your Cadillac ATS is on a suitable floor. This requires that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to keep in place your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the stability of your Cadillac ATS, do not take any risks. Also remember to make use of the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be necessary to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not remove them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you should have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to gently lift your Cadillac ATS. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be careful though, your jack must be very stable. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel never touches the ground, get more space if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Cadillac ATS.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to entirely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tense up the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross soon after the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Cadillac ATS.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Cadillac ATS down. Do this carefully, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Cadillac ATS is now ready to move again.
Conclusion on my Cadillac ATS :
So you can see that it is relatively easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Cadillac ATS in the best conditions. Same for the jack, ensure that it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It could very well be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.In the event that you have any further questions about the Cadillac ATS, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac ATS category.