Learning how to change a wheel is one of the minor things that are not really complicated to do, but you have to know the different steps to follow. This could save you a lot of stress in a difficult situation. We will explain in this article detail by detail each step to follow in order to do this correctly on your Audi Q5.
To begin with, it is very important to put on your yellow vest if you are close to the road, and also to position your warning triangle about 25-30 meters before your Audi Q5. Also remember to turn on your warnings before changing wheels.
Different steps to change a wheel on a Audi Q5:
- 1: First, make sure your Audi Q5 is on a appropriate floor. This requires that you should ideally position your car on a solid and flat surface. If you have no choice in terms of soil strength, try to find something to support your vehicle, such as bricks or boards. In this case, pay close attention to the steadiness of your Audi Q5, do not take any risks. Also remember to make use of the hand brake.
- 2: To lift the car with the jack, it will first be very important to remove the hubcap and slightly unscrew the bolts. Turn them counter-clockwise. Do not remove them just loosen them, using the equipment you have in the trunk with the spare wheel. Normally you should have a cross or a release key.
- 3: Now you must position the jack to gently lift your Audi Q5. Try to place it close to the wheel to be replaced. Be careful though, your jack must be very stable. Now use the jack to lift your vehicle. Remember to lift until this wheel never touches the ground, get more space if you replace a punctured wheel because a new one will take up more space on your Audi Q5.
- 4: Once the wheel is in suspension, it is time to completely remove the bolts. Once done, you can remove the wheel to be changed. Then position the new wheel instead. You can tense up the bolts by hand only. You will tighten with the cross soon after the wheel is on the ground, do not force them too hard, you could damage your Audi Q5.
- 5: Once you have tightened everything up, it is now time to put your Audi Q5 down. Do this properly, take your time. Now that the car is on the ground, you can tighten the bolts using the equipment. Also, do not overtighten.
- 6: You can easily now replace the hubcap and store all your equipment in your trunk, your Audi Q5 is now ready to go again.
Conclusion on my Audi Q5 :
So you can see that it is quite easy to replace a wheel. Just be careful to set the decor correctly (beacon, vest…) and position your Audi Q5 in the best conditions. Same for the jack, ensure that it is really stable, and at no time for any reason position yourself under the car. It may be possible at any time for the jack to fail so be careful.Whenever you have any additional questions about the Audi Q5, do not hesitate to consult our Audi Q5 category.